Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Thursday, March 11, 2010
When Amy fixed my blog she gave it the name "Confessions of a Diet Coke Addict" .
I got thinking about that.
When you stop drinking anything that may or may not be addicting to you I think you have to go into it thinking your an alcoholic. Diet Coke may not have the same terrible lasting effects that alcohol does, but if it controls any part of you then it's in the same category. I don't think drinking diet coke really hurt, but then again, who knows. Since this isn't my first attempt at quitting I think that this blog is therapeutic. I can't have have even one swallow, or I just want more. Here's my pros and cons for this new endeavour:
Things about Diet Coke I'll miss:
1. That initial Fizz when you unscrew the lid
2. The burn it makes in your mouth and down your throat on your first swallow
3. The little hiccup/burp you get with the first swallow.
4. Taking my Big 2 litre jug to Subway to fill it up for only $1
5. Drinking it through my narrow red straw I steal from 7-11
6. Having something to buy to drink at the garage when you fill up with gas that doesn't feel like a waste. It feels like your throwing your money away when you buy water, because you can get it for free.
7. Having the jug of coke on the counter so I can clean the house. It's a mental thing with me. I think it gives me energy, but that has never been the case. I can drink coke and go straight to bed.
But best of all:
8. Having you kids comment of face book that they're proud of you. (Priceless)
Things I won't Miss about Diet Coke
1. Taking a swallow of coke and getting air with it and feeling like you just swallowed a baseball
2. Having your stomach hurt when you wake up
3. Having you legs feels swollen and tight after drinking 2 litres of it.
4. Feeling guilty when you won't let your child go anywhere until he/she runs uptown and gets you one.
5. Having your husband go from never drinking it before we got married to drinking it everyday.
6. Having to steal long red straws from 7-11
7. Having to steal the kids change out of their piggy banks because I had no money to buy a pop at work
8. All the money I'll save
Well thanks for helping me today. Have a good one
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Saturday, March 6, 2010
I haven't done too good with the walking, but i'm suffering with the headache..........my gosh, is this in my mind?
I did actually dring 12 cups of water today, and took water to the ball games...........haha, that's pretty impressive.
Well tomorrow is Sunday and we ALWAYS have diet coke. oh well, water is the next choice. I tried to find a substitute, but I think its easier to just drink water. Who thought it would be so hard.
Well now i'll just have to work on the walking.
Talk to you later
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Well I woke up last night about 3 times with bad dreams, and then sure that I had Alzheimers. I even got up and got on the computer and looked up ways to prevent it. Then I looked up Diet Coke addictions and figure that my Diet Coke habit, together with my lack of water intake, and excercize and poor diet were pushing me into an early grave. I then went back to bed an hour later and slept until 10:30. What is happening to me? So as of today, March 4th, I am turning over a new leaf.
- Drink 8 glasses of water a day
- Walk for at least 30 minutes, preferabley 60 minutes a day, 5 days a week
- Eat 3-5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day
- Stop drinking diet pop. Anything with artificial sweetners
There are many more things to do, but I better not get carried away. This is a good start.
I'll keep you updated on my success.