Thursday, March 11, 2010

1 week and going strong



When Amy fixed my blog she gave it the name "Confessions of a Diet Coke Addict" .


I got thinking about that.


When you stop drinking anything that may or may not be addicting to you I think you have to go into it thinking your an alcoholic. Diet Coke may not have the same terrible lasting effects that alcohol does, but if it controls any part of you then it's in the same category. I don't think drinking diet coke really hurt, but then again, who knows. Since this isn't my first attempt at quitting I think that this blog is therapeutic. I can't have have even one swallow, or I just want more. Here's my pros and cons for this new endeavour:





Things about Diet Coke I'll miss:


1. That initial Fizz when you unscrew the lid


2. The burn it makes in your mouth and down your throat on your first swallow


3. The little hiccup/burp you get with the first swallow.


4. Taking my Big 2 litre jug to Subway to fill it up for only $1


5. Drinking it through my narrow red straw I steal from 7-11


6. Having something to buy to drink at the garage when you fill up with gas that doesn't feel like a waste. It feels like your throwing your money away when you buy water, because you can get it for free.

7. Having the jug of coke on the counter so I can clean the house. It's a mental thing with me. I think it gives me energy, but that has never been the case. I can drink coke and go straight to bed.

But best of all:

8. Having you kids comment of face book that they're proud of you. (Priceless)





Things I won't Miss about Diet Coke


1. Taking a swallow of coke and getting air with it and feeling like you just swallowed a baseball


2. Having your stomach hurt when you wake up


3. Having you legs feels swollen and tight after drinking 2 litres of it.


4. Feeling guilty when you won't let your child go anywhere until he/she runs uptown and gets you one.


5. Having your husband go from never drinking it before we got married to drinking it everyday.


6. Having to steal long red straws from 7-11


7. Having to steal the kids change out of their piggy banks because I had no money to buy a pop at work


8. All the money I'll save

Well thanks for helping me today. Have a good one

Susie

6 comments:

  1. mom you're blog is the greatest. I LOVE IT! keep going!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just laughed out loud. real hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susie...I just want to say that I'm proud of you also but I have no intentions of giving up my diet coke any time soon (how do you get through a night shift without it??). I will think of your struggles with every sip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was awesome, I may have just laughed out loud. So true though!

    ReplyDelete